The Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation received documents from Noront Resources on November 6, 2017.
The documents serve as a guideline for the cities interested in submitting a community business case for Noront’s proposed ferrochrome processing facility (FPF) – Due February 2, 2018.
Sudbury, Thunder Bay and Timmins are other potential sites.
Noront is seeking communities to assess and highlight the following:
- A potential site to locate the FPF;
- Utility infrastructure (electricity, gas, water, etc.);
- Road, rail and marine infrastructure;
- Logistics management;
- Labour force availability;
- Community features and quality of life; and
- Available services/supply companies.
This is the first step in the process – the economic development phase – to gather information related to these items and assess capacity.
To read the entire presentation, download the PDF document here.